The third game in the Fallout series, Fallout 3 is a singleplayer action role-playing game (RPG) set in a post-apocalyptic Washington DC. Combining the horrific insanity of the Cold War era theory of mutually assured destruction gone terribly wrong, with the kitschy naivety of American 1950s nuclear propaganda, Fallout 3 will satisfy both players familiar with the popular first two games in its series as well as those coming to the franchise for the first time.
For 200 years, Vault 101 , a fallout shelter, has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
- Limitless Freedom! - Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! - Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation - the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- Fantastic New Views! - The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
- The Power of Choice! - Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast 'Em Away With V.A.T.S.! -Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! - At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America's First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness! - Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant's face.
|Minimum Specifications:||Recommended Specifications:|
|Processor:||2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor||Intel Core 2 Duo processor|
|RAM:||XP: 1GB System RAM |
Vista: 2GB System RAM
|2 GB System RAM|
|Video Card:||Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)||NvidiaDirect X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series)|
|Supported Video Card Chipsets:||NVIDIA GeForce Series 200, 9800, 9600, 8800, 8600, 8500, 8400, 7900, 7800, 7600, 7300, 6800; ATI HD Series 4800, 4600, 3800, 3600, 3400, 2900, 2600, 2400; ATI Series X1900, X1800, X1600, X1300, and X850|
Customer Review: Great immersion.Fun gameplay. Way to easy.
Well... As a rabid fan of fallout 1 and 2 I have to say I was impressed through the first half of the game. After playing the game through I have mixed feelings.
---Here is the good----
Immersion! I rarely feel so deeply immersed in a game. Stepping out into the wasteland was emotionally charged for me. Hell I waited like 8 years for that moment.
The radio stations are very cool (but are seriously lacking in content considering they expect you t play this game up to 100 hours.)
The story was pretty decent (though I felt the way the endings were done was better in fallout 2. Aka they told outcomes..not just a slideshow and a generalized narration based on what i am guessing is your karama).
Supplies were scarce! I had to avoid fights and scrounge every last round because of the lack of ammunition and supplies....... (see below for ....)
Gameplay was pretty decent... (See below for the ......)
----Where the game went downhill----
...... Halfway through the game you get way to much of everything. I was free to hose any and everyone with no thought to ammo consumption. it got kinda quake-ish. I ending the game with like 20+ of almost every drug (buffout, med-x, ect ect.) and more money than I could spend.
...... The game gets WAY to easy by the time you are 2/3rds through, even on "Very Hard". Especially the end sequence......bah.
The end sequence felt rushed imo.
Vats was interesting, but a turn based mode could have EASILY been implemented.
Most Items do not have descriptions. These were one of my favorite parts about the old games. The descriptions were often hilarious. See the entry below
The game, while dark (especially the Dr. Braun part...you will see) lacked much of the humor from previous fallouts. This is the biggest failing of the game besides the unbalanced way that leveling is handled. My suggestion is to download one of the mods available that balances this out... otherwise you will find the game getting easy to the point of boredom when you get higher up in level. If your do not download the mod... at least get the perks that enhance storyline (Like childlike mind, black widow ect.)
Also stupid stuff like not being able to kill children and buy whores ruins a bit of the immersion.
The game is worth buying and playing. It is better than many may games out there. It is missing some of the heart of the older games but still manages to be a respectable addition to the fallout series. I was pleasantly surprised how well they managed to do, as I had little faith.
Customer Review: Oblivion.. in the year 2000!
Alright let me start off by saying I'm happy I didn't buy Fallout 3. Used a friend of mine's copy.
Like others have said you have less fun and have less options in f3 compared to f2.
Thats soooooooooooooooo bleeping stupid. Man. Its painful how bad the dialog in the game is. I was rarely excited outside combat.
There are ways to install the game without the DRM, i found directions through google. But still... WTF! They don't sell it, they license it! With that license you pay a tax, an impeding spy on your own computer!
So... it went from a fun and dirty game to a poisonous, stunted, impostor.
My favorite point of the game was went I went into VATS-the BULLET TIME mode that slows down time for tactical shots!!-just so i can see the enemy run behind a wall in slow motion! What the ----! I could have done better if I didn't use this Time Slowing Tactical Firing Mode Thing.
Jeeze man... and the dialog.. and the way your character looks in 3rd person, slides across the ground it looks weird.
Dont you game builders think about this? Falling asleep at the wheel you zombies!
OH!! And the walking!!
Most of the time it didn't feel like exploring, it just feel like traveling to a destination. I was never really free to go explore, I pull up the map and there is something tugging me..
The map sucked by the way, easily the worst in game area map I can recall. My gps works better and this guy lives in the future.. man..
The main quest was lacking I killed a bunch of slavers for children! How could wood hold me back? I have a rocket launcher!
Storyline is pitiful, some made for tv movie on the sci-fi channel kind of plot.
I was entertained sometimes, but usually the text was so DULL. SOOOO DULL. OPTION 1 OPTION 2 OPTION 3 And the are all full of suck!
Written by the same guys who do made for tv movies man! I swear!
Most of the modern game industry is just blaaah.
Okay not all of it but most of the games I play I end up seriously regret purchasing.
The worst is.. it could be so so so so so much better!! The technology is available! YOU HAVE THE POTENTIAL.
We, the gamer community crave for more!
You have more 1 star ratings than 5 star!!! CHANGE YOUR WAYS!
We dont want rehash of your other games! BE ORIGINAL BE INNOVATIVE
Whatever its just a game.